The mission of the ACTS Homeless Ministry is to reach out and serve the homeless and working poor in our community with love, respect, and acceptance, and to provide for their physical and spiritual needs in order to show the love of Christ.
What We Do:
On the first and third Saturday of every month we pick up guests with vans and bring them to the Mesa campus of Central and provide them with breakfast, showers, clean clothing, haircuts and a variety of other resources to help and support them.
How to Serve:
Our Servant Ministers:
- Cook in the kitchen.
- Take prayer requests and fellowship with the guests.
- Serve the meal to our guests.
- Be a shower attendant in the men's and women's showers.
- Assemble toiletry bags for men & women.
- Cut hair for our guests.
- Sort and hand out clothes.
- Drive or co-pilot a van.
Below is a list of goods regularly needed for the homeless that ACTS Homeless Ministry regularly distributes. Thank you in advance for support the homeless. Any and all donations are appreciated!
- Men's Jeans - sizes up to 46
- Men's Shorts - all sizes
- Men's casual T's - sizes up to 4XL
- Men's white socks - New
- Men's gym shoes
- Men's underwear - M & L, white briefs preferred
- Women's Jeans - sizes 0-6 & 16+
- Women's gym shoes
- Women's socks
- Women's long sleeve T's
- Sun Glasses and Reading Glasses
- Foot powder - travel size
- Hand lotion - travel size
- Sunscreen - travel size
- Body wash - travel size
- Shampoo - travel size
- Hand sanitizer
- Razors - Plastic blue travel
- Shaving cream
- Nail clippers
- Baby wipes
- Cough drops
When We Meet:
We meet on the Mesa campus, 933 N. Lindsay Rd, in the NLC rooms 153-154 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. We have a short meeting at 7:10 a.m. and then we give an orientation and tour of the facility for all new Servant Ministers.
For any questions about any of this ministry or for more information on how to get involved, please contact LocalOuteach@centralaz.com .